If you’re like most home buyers, a house is one of the most expensive purchases you will ever make, so you will need some form of financing.
Team French only works with the best local lending institutions that offer a variety of mortgage products. We have strong connections and excellent relationships to the top local mortgage lenders here in the Gold Country. We would be happy to refer you, or help you in any way to secure you the best possible rate for your new home purchase. Whether you’re looking for a VA home loan expert, a First-Time Home Buyer expert, or someone experienced in purchasing a second home or vacation property, we have the right contact for your needs and will recommend a lender that we know will come through for you in a timely manner.
How to Choose the Right Mortgage Lender for You
As stated above, as experienced local realtors, we can recommend some of the best local mortgage lenders available to you here in the Gold Country. However, here’s a few more things to bear in mind as you search for the right mortgage option:
- Check your credit score. Having a good credit score will better your chances of getting approval. There are a variety of platforms that lets you check your credit score for free, but here are a few of our recommendations:
- Thoroughly research all of your options. If your realtor has provided you with a comprehensive list of lenders - and we will! - carefully research all of your options and write down the pros and cons of each.
- Go over your options with your real estate agent. We are more than happy to sit down with you and discuss your mortgage lender options in depth once you’ve done your research and narrowed down your choices.
Top Five Information to Provide Your Lender
When applying for a home loan, here are the top five things you will need to provide to your mortgage lender:
- What type of home you are purchasing - your first home, a vacation home, etc.
- Your income before taxes
- Where you’re looking to buy a home
- What your home purchase budget is
- Your current credit score
Have this information ready to go when you feel ready to apply for a mortgage!
Top Thing to Avoid When Applying for a Home Loan
- Buying a new car or applying for a car loan
- Applying for a credit card
- Applying for any other kind of loan or purchase on credit
Applying for any kind of credit will produce a hard inquiry on your credit report. If you have too many hard inquiries on your credit report at once - like if you apply for a credit card and a mortgage - it will lower your credit score! You’ll want your credit score to be in tip-top shape when you apply for a home mortgage, so do everything you possibly can to prevent lowering it.
Mortgage Payment Calculator & Amortization Table
Ready to buy a home in Calaveras, Amador, or Tuolumne County? Use our handy mortgage calculator below! This mortgage calculator can assist you in making the right decision around financing your new home in the Gold Country.
This calculator will help you determine what your mortgage payments will be based on purchase price, interest rate and mortgage term, as well as other factors. The amortization table shows what the interest and principal payments will be over the term of the mortgage.